Dear Parents and Guardians:
The information below is to provide you with useful and precise information as we begin the school year. Included are live links to our important information and forms on our website. This communication is provided to make it easier and efficient for you. We are always a phone call or email away if you need additional clarification and to answer any questions. We want to support you and your child as they learn from home virtually as we start this year the best we can.
This tab will be updated frequently with new information and resources, and will include a video and instructions explaining how to access your child’s Google Account and Google Classroom.
Your involvement in your child’s education is crucial to his or her school success. It is important that you stay informed of your child’s progress and communicate with teachers, accordingly. Research on learning clearly demonstrates that student achievement is greatest when parents are positively involved in their children’s education. Use PowerSchool (Parent Portal) to obtain your child’s schedule, complete the required forms, monitor their academic progress, and view other pertinent information. Information about individual student schedules and how to access PowerSchool will be communicated by the district’s central office. Please note that teacher assignments are subject to revision based upon finalization of personnel needs, as they continue to change. Additionally, upon our anticipated return to the hybrid model on October 12th, we expect that there may be further revision to student schedules. Utilize the Homework Portal to review student homework throughout the year and view teacher webpages.
Opening of School
Our first day of school is Tuesday, September 8, 2020, with Period 1 starting at 8:30 am.
Student Contact and Demographic information must be verified before the start of school. This can be done through PowerSchool. Once you log in, select the “Demographic Change” link. You do not have to print any of the information – simply complete changes online.
Update information that is no longer correct. Note that any changes to name or address must be done through the Guidance Office. Documentation will be required.
There are “check-off boxes” that you are to use indicating that you have read the following:
- Student Handbook
- Weapons Agreement
- Eisenhower Integrated Pest Management Plan
- Acceptable Student Use of Computers and Computer Networks
- Electronic Communication and Recording Devices Policy
- STAR Parent-Student handbook.
* Additionally, there is a section to complete regarding permissions for identifying students in district publications.
* Student Health Insurance information is needed. (A telephone number is provided for the NJ Family Care program that offers free to low cost health insurance for uninsured children and certain low income parents.)
Note that all required check-off items must be completed before you can successfully “submit” the information.
Please see the Required Forms & Due Dates Information at the end of this letter for a list of all of the necessary paperwork.
The Eisenhower School student handbook is available on the Eisenhower website and should be reviewed with your child. Eisenhower Student Handbook
It is helpful for you to visit the Eisenhower School website regularly. There you will find links to a variety of forms, documents, and valuable school information.
- As a “green school district” we communicate to our families via e-blast. In order to minimize the constant flow of e-mail, we will be sending pertinent school information via our e-blast system on Fridays of each week.
- The School Messenger calling system will be used to notify you not only about school closures, emergency early dismissal, and delayed openings but also any busing delays that significantly affect morning pickup or after school dismissal. Current users are asked to review their information and make updates as needed.
When a student is absent from school, the parent/guardian must notify Eisenhower before 8:30 a.m. You may use the attendance reporting link on our website, or you may call 908-231-0230, choose option 2, and leave a message. Include the child’s name, teacher, expected return date, and reason for absence in your message. If you notify Eisenhower by telephone, a note explaining the child’s absence must be emailed to the Attendance Secretary, Mrs. Peg Wilson, at email@example.com. Notes must be received within 5 days of the absence.
- School begins at 8:30 a.m. Students entering the Google meet after that time are considered late.
- Attendance will be taken each class period by the respective teacher. It is imperative that your child is present. Parents do not need to complete a Google attendance form.
As part of the Districts’ 1:1 STAR Chromebook initiative, all Eisenhower students will have received a Chromebook. The student will be assigned a BRRSD device that will be used both at school and at home. The District will be providing students with Chromebook cases when in-person learning resumes on October 12th.
Your Chromebook is equipped with a combo headphone/microphone connection. It is located on the side of your device. When selecting a headset please ensure that it is a headset that uses only one trrs connector like the image below:
Another option would be to use a USB headset. Although Bluetooth headsets will work, we do not recommend them because of connectivity and battery issues.
Important Student Expectations
- Students are expected to login and be ready to learn by the start time of each period.
- Students are expected to have cameras turned on while in class, as well as to use the mic and chat on Google Meet as directed by each teacher.
- Please remember the importance of creating a learning space for your child. See virtual guideline for parents on the district website.
We are asking that you monitor your child’s district account and device usage regularly.
We are looking forward to welcoming your child back to school! Thank you for your continued flexibility and support.
Required Forms and Due Dates
Due by Tuesday, September 1, 2020
Grade 6 Required Vaccines and Physical Exam Forms
Must be received by Tuesday, September 1, 2020 in order for a 6th grade student to attend virtual instruction. Please email our School Nurse, Georgeann Natale, at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Complete on PowerSchool by Friday, September 4, 2020
Updating Student Contact Information in Power School
Update any contact information that is not current.
In addition, complete all sections including Health Information and Publicity/Contact permission option. Indicate that you have read the required documentation: Student Handbook, Acceptable Use Policy, Technology Responsible Use Agreement, Weapons Policy, and Integrated Pest Management Policy and STAR Parent-Student handbook.
Please use this link to open the Food Services – applications page.
Select the Free and Reduced Lunch buttons.
Because health insurance is important to a child’s well-being, Medicaid and NJ FamilyCare will be told if your child/children are eligible for free or reduced price meals. You must indicate on the included form if you do not wish that information to be shared.
Information is included in both English and Spanish.